VMware vROps - A look at what's new in vROps 6.6?
Let's take a quick inventory of what's new and improved.
Redesign user interface provides modern look and improved user experience
Fully Automated Workload Balancing
vSAN Management Pack is preinstalled and ready to roll
Updated SDDC Health Management Pack
- Single pane of glass to monitor health of all SDDC components and infrastructure
- SDDC app oriented views with Health status for each product.
- Correlation of SDDC app component to the underlying infrastructure health deployment instance and corresponding VM health.
- Enhanced OOTB Health and Compliance Alerts with Recommendations.
New Service Discovery Management Pack
- Discover and list services and display the relationship between selected service and other services on other VMs.
- Visualize relationship of selected VM with other VMs
- Service Breakdown Across Environment
- Validate SRM protection group and recovery plan membership
All new Federation Management Pack
- Ability to have visibility into multiple SDDC Deployments through a single pane of glass. These deployments are usually monitored by individual vROps instances which creates complexity for the end users
- Provide a summary of Performance, Capacity, and Configuration of the Virtual Infrastructure to Senior Executives and VI Admins across all SDDC deployments
- Provide summary views of Health and Configuration of SDDC Management Stack to Senior Executives and VI Admins across all SDDC deployments
- Provide a unified view of events triggered across the SDDC environments into a single page for making it easier for Network Operations Centers (NOC) / Helpdesk to initiate action
- Ability to create a data warehouse where the user-selected set of metrics could be stored for data archiving and reporting use cases. Users should have an ability to select the desired set of Objects and their metrics and properties to be forwarded to the Federation instance of vROps
- Ability to create reports for capacity and configuration for the Senior Executive and exporting of data out of vROps.
Additional out-of-the-box compliance capabilities
Complete in-context integration with vRealize Log Insight
- Faster troubleshooting in vROps with in-context logs from vRLI.
- Direct launch of Log Insight Dashboards.
- Direct launch into Log Insight Interactive Analytics.
- Object auto-initiated log management.
- vROps Alerts auto-initiated log management
Updated vRealize Business
- Cost analysis for all services on AWS and Azure.
- VM Level usage visibility into public clouds.
- Fine-grained cost analysis for private cloud.
- Makes capacity optimization quantifiable.
- Procurement planning.
Release Related Info:
VMware Blogs Release Post
Updated vROps Sizing Guide for 6.6
Release Notes for vROps 6.6
Release Notes for vROps 6.6.1
Product Download Page
Product Marketing Page
Online Documentation Center
Product Interoperability Matrix